Statement of Policy
The OVP is committed to ensuring that all personal data processed by this office in relation to the provision of public services and other related support functions are protected at all times and in accordance with Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its corresponding Implementing Rules and Procedures, and related issuances of the National Privacy Commission.
Processing of Personal Data
The OVP may collect and process the following personal data in relation to the formulation, evaluation, and implementation of policies and programs to uplift the lives and protect the liberty of the Filipino people, especially the marginalized:
▪ Name and identification details
▪ Contact information
▪ Education and employment information
▪ Supporting data relevant to inquiries or requests
The personal data collected enables the OVP to determine appropriate interventions that may be provided by the office and ascertain eligibility for available public assistance and/or services.
The OVP website uses Apache logs to analyze web traffic data. The data generated is not shared with any other party. Only non-identifiable web traffic data are analyzed, including IP address; date and time visited; HTTP request method, and HTTP response code.
The OVP maintains a secure environment for the protection of personal data and records and uses reasonable security safeguards to protect data from any accidental or unlawful access, destruction, use, alteration and disclosure as well as against any other unlawful processing.
Rights of Data Subjects
Data subjects are accorded the following rights:
▪ Right to be informed – Data subjects have the right to demand and be informed of the details about the type of personal data processed, the purpose of processing, and how they are being processed by the OVP, including its sources, recipients, methods, disclosures to third parties and their identities, automated processes, manner of storage, period of retention, manner of disposal and any changes to such processing activities before the same is undertaken.
▪ Right to access – Data subjects have the right to have reasonable access to their personal data upon demand. They have the right to review and amend their personal data processed by the OVP in case there are errors.
▪ Right to dispute – Data subjects have the right to dispute inaccuracy or error in personal data processed by the OVP.
▪ Right to object – Data subjects have the right to reject further processing of their personal data, including the right to suspend, withdraw, and remove their personal data in possession of the OVP which are falsely collected or unlawfully processed.
Inquiries and Complaints
The DPOs are fully committed to protecting privacy rights and ensuring that the OVP promotes a culture of privacy. Should there be any concerns regarding the OVP’s privacy practices and policies, concerned persons may contact the DPOs and briefly discuss the inquiry through the following contact information:”